Nuffnang

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Swimsuit by James Patterson & Maxine Paetro

Recently I just bought some books to read during my leisure hour at home..

Since it is officially my second week of holiday (still doing nothing)...

James Patterson is one of my favorite thriller writer and I was definitely carried away by his story, trapped inside my own imagination and without me consciously or unconsciously knowing, I realized that I "see" the story from the readers' point of view, the "victim's" point of view and also the "killers" point of view...Sometimes I become so scared that it doesn't help me avoid being a paranoid but that is the WHOLE POINT!!!!

A good writer should engage the reader from the beginning to the end of the story...

Several years ago, I didn't like reading...but since I was enrolled in psychology, I have no choice but to read a lot in order to catch up "shin-kan-sen"-like-lecture (Shinkansen is Japanese speed train). Then, I started reading all sorts of book, be it fiction, non-fiction, self-help book, etc (except biography I guess???)...

Reading does not only help me expand my knowledge but also to help me improve my English skills as I think I still have poor sentence structure and that is also one of the reasons why I created a blog..So as for me to practice writing..Though I know writing blog is much more informal than writing a FREAKING ESSAY OR RESEARCH PAPER...

Anyway back to the point, James Patterson...I bought Swimsuit and have already finished reading it..So here I am, wanting so "badly" to share with people on the synopsis that is written in my own sentence...rather than just copy paste from some wikipidea what-so-ever...



Synopsis:

Kim McDaniels, a very beautiful model was at Hawaii doing photoshoot without knowing her life is in danger...She went missing after the photoshoot session and NEVER comes back...Days after she went missing, a "petite" girl's body was found floating on shore....

Kim's parents came to find their beloved daughter after receving weird phone call from a stranger telling them that they should fly to Hawaii by now if "he" was the parents of Kim...

Truth or not, as a parent, Levon and Barbara flew to Hawaii right away...(It was a BIG mistake).

Henri Benoit is a "psychopath" killer that is being hired by the "peepers" to create a film of him killing other people...Most of his targets are young women...and having a lot of experiences, he always succeeds in satisfying the "peepers"..

However, something changes along the way, Henri realizes somethingelse has driven him to kill instead of money...Thus, he started chasing after the "peepers" and "bring them down" one by one...

On the other side, Benjamin Hawkins, a journalist was on duty to write an article about the missing model and as he got too far in the case, he was used by Henri Benoit and trapped to write a book of his life as a killer by threatening to kill him and his girlfriend Amanda whom later on pregnant...What is Ben going to do??? Can he be smarter than Henri as not to be killed even though he follows what Henri wants him to do?? Will he survive and be able to protect his loved ones???

Reading this book has been so thrilling and I wasn't able to put down..

I was so drown in my own imagination and following the story thoroughly..and sometimes I am scared when I have to go out alone....T.T

However, reaching the end of the story, somehow I feel like the ending is flowing too fast and It feels like something is missing...Like the excitement is cut off so suddenly and out of nowhere I have reached the end of the story :(
There might be continous story towards it and if there is, I will be looking forward to reading it...

Fans of James Patterson should have read the book by now and I am currently reading the Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman, which is about romantic relationship and how to sustain or enhance the relationship to the better simply by understanding each other's LANGUAGE!!! Sounds fun?? No??? Fine...Till then, happy holiday-ing for people who celebrate!!!

Love,

B

No comments:

Post a Comment