Nuffnang

Sunday, April 12, 2009

Pie in the sky at Mt Dandenong

Lazy Sunday..............

I had to work in the morning at 7.00 A.m!!!! Ughhh....I wish I could find other works that require afternoon rather than morning shift...However, I could still enjoy the rest of the day if I work in the morning...and if I worked in the afternoon, I wouldn't have gone to .................

Mt Dandenong!!!!!!!!
Yes, I went to Mt Dandenong today with my boyfriend and other friends who drove us there....Kind of double date...Muhahahahaha LOL

So, after finished working, we went to meet his friends and started our journey of around 1 hour???? I don't remember coz I fell asleep....:)) Halfway I wanted to pee!!!
So we stopped by and snapped a scenery......(I had to walk 200 metres to public toilet...and we got lost....swt!!!!




Don't look at me, look at the scenery!!!!
Anyway, it was nice, has been longgggg time not been at mountain area...
The air is fresh, cool, good to live!!!!
There are lots of cafes for tourists to rest on their way up to 'sky something'. I don't remember...that's where you can sit a train and take on journey to watch fascinating scenery of Mt Dandenong and city...especially at night!!!

Ok!!Back to the reason why we went there...My friend heard that there is a pie shop which awarded 5 gold medals ***** for the best Aussie pie...So, driven by curiosity, we found our own way up towards the shop with the help of our friend's best sense of direction*

Ta da!!!!!!We were there!!!!



Pie in the sky!!!
We entered.......and..........shockingly filled with people who were queuing....!
Driven by even MORE curiosity, we waited and be seated....
The best gourmet pie and most famous + most popular is pie floater...
I was like wat??? Floated pie????Floated??? or Bloated????
This was the menu......



and I settled to order pie floater (This is the correct name...I was joking)....LOL
It came out to be like.....



It is really 'floating' right???? In the middle of curry savoury or something like that....
It was beef pie..and it was nice...I should say ....really affirm to the award....



Another one.....



My boyfriend ordered Korma chicken pie....which is nice as well...and I thought nicer than my pie floater...well, that's what i thought...

With chips and salads

Let's take a look at the interior....





hmmm.....Yummy~~~~

After the yummy gold medal lunch, we proceeded for 'window shopping' around the area... We went to antique shops where there were collections of antique oriental furniture and small goods, like compasses, jewellery boxes, all made up of woods...



This beautiful hat cost $59.90 or so...reminded me of some famous western movie with background of 1930s or so...



There were other colors as well :p

We went to a toy shop where I saw this......more than HUMONGOUS GIGANTIC bear bear!!!!!





Cost approximately $600 ++
Bigger than the one displayed in Melbourne central.....!!!!and cheaper!!! But you have to go oooo up way to Mt Dandenong to get it...:))

and also this very cute ice cream cakes....(shape) which are actually soaps....



I really wanted to eat them!!!!!

We went home afterwards...and I slept like a pig in the car...Pardon me, I was exhausted having to wake up 5.30 a.m!!!!! I am working again tomorrow...double paid....yay!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment