Nuffnang

Saturday, May 23, 2009

Chinese Money Tree

Hahahahahaha!!!! What is so funny???

I just lied that I will not blog for the next few days…but here I am, coming out with new post instead of writing my final project proposal….Ahh, I shall feel guilty by now..

Anyway, I came out with idea of blogging today because………………..
I went to IKEA yesterday to buy some stuffs to fill the HUGE empty space in our new unit with my boyfriend…
Bought some household stuffs…and I bought this umbrella that only cost $2.95!!!!


Cheap right??? DON'T BE FOOLED!


I went to the counter and guess what???
The original price was 6.95….It will be $2.95 only when it is ACTUALLY RAINING outside!!!!

It is sooooooooooooooo RIDICULOUS!!!!
That is what happens to people who don’t read the small fonts underneath the gigantic magical value $2. 95!!!!! Terms and condition apply…
But I need new umbrella anyway…

So, I wanted a plant!!! Just popped up in my mind when we were browsing around…
I wanted to make the house more alive..more greeny…so, we decided to have this Chinese money tree…





it only costed me $8.50 + $ 3 ++ for the pot...:0

I remembered I used to see it a lot in my grandma’s house. Apparently, Chinese people believe It will bring luck and during Chinese New Year, my grandma will accessorize it with lots of ornaments hanging on the plant’s leaves…

And out of sudden I remembered my history of having pets when I was younger…

I used to have fish in my mini aquarium and the next day, the fish somehow managed to fly off and suffocated on the floor, in addition, my mum half-stepped on it early in the morning…Too dark to notice it was flapping on the floor…-________-


I also had chicken before…and they also died before growing up to be true mature chicken..-____-

After that, I had beach snails…stole it from somewhere and next time I knew, it sneaked out from its “house” that I built, and eaten by some bigger “who-knows-what” bugs or animals in my house…..


After that, I got myself a proper pet, hamster!!!! It was so cute and I named it happy…but I guess it was not happy enough that after couple of months..It ran away from the cage and I couldn’t find it anymore...That was sad…and I had another two given by a friend but they suffered from disease before they were given and died next day…


HOW COME ALL THE “PET” I HAD RAN AWAY????????

So, I decided to have a plant instead, besides its efficiency (only require water) and don’t need to walk or play with it every time, no hairs flying around, and no issues with landlord or agency. GOOD, at least that’s what I think.
I know taking care of plant needs passion and patience and so, I will try my best to keep it alive…:)


N.B: I wish someone could advice me on how to take care of this Chinese money tree…

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!!!! ga jodoh kali lu ama PETS. kali aza ama PEST yah? wakaka!!! kasian~~ deh Ah-beng. hahaha! tsk tsk tsk....

    ReplyDelete