Nuffnang

Friday, May 1, 2009

Lost at Melbourne Central

I am feeling sad..and disappointed......;(

I was supposed to volunteer today..at 7.00 a.m for starlight foundation at Melbourne Central...

So I woke up, got ready, and start moving...

When they said the stall location is at crn of Swanston and La Trobe st, Melbourne Central Train Station, I went and looked for them...and saw NOTHING!!!
I walked and walked and walked....and waited...

And I called......

Beatrice: "Hello, is this janice Tu??"
Recipient: "Starlight foundation"
Beatrice: " I am here to volunteer at 7 o'clock..Just wondering where the stall location is??"
Recipient: " Which organization are you from?"
Beatrice: " I registered with SEEK Vounteer??"
Recipient: "Ok, just stay with me".......*Hung up*

wait .....wait ......wait.....
Went down to train station...saw nothing...There were few stalls...like the new shop SpecSavers and something about toothpaste.....but didn't find anything on Starlight Foundation...

Went up under the giant clock...called again....

Beatrice: "Hi, still couldn't find them"
Recipient: "They should be some people around there"
Recipient:"I have texted them"
Recipient:"What is your name? and which organization sent you?"
Beatrice: "Beatrice, registered with SEEK volunteer"
Recipient:" Well, the people might run away for a while, but I am sure there are people around"
Beatrice:" Ok, Thanks"

Still couldn't find....
How come they don't know who is volunteering and who is going???
I mean...It is under their registration data right???
Can't anyone call me???Why don't they give me the person's in-charge phone number???
They asked me to turn up during the appointed day...and i did....
But ended up waiting for one and half hour and walking and searching and found nothing...
They don't even know the exact location, like...just right beside elevator...or behind food court or whatever...you know what I mean???

In the end....I went home and didn't manage to see anything!!!

I am disappointed..but I know it is partly my fault because I should have confirmed with them at least a day before I go....because I read what they sent ..."Just turn up on the day and have fun"
T.T

No comments:

Post a Comment