Nuffnang

Sunday, May 3, 2009

May Day 2009

I thought May Day or widely known as Labor Day supposed to be celebrated on the first day of May???
Well, after I googled it..It seems that May Day is held at different days in different countries and even in Australia, different state has different day for May Day...
Today, after I came home from work, I kept hearing the Scottish marching band playing their typical instruments that you often see in Movie..you can see it in movie "MAID OF HONOUR" starring Patrick Dempsey and Michelle Monaghan..

I found out from my apartment that there was march on the road...constructed by many different people from different working background carrying flag symbolizing what they represented and they were led by the Scottish band...

This event is so cool..It is the way you show respect to all the hard work the employees has contributed...They deserve all the right of equal and sufficient wages..

So I snapped some photos from level 8th of my apartment...



Longer march...



They even had mini train parading....;))



One of the union..."METAL WORKER UNION"



closer look of the locomotive...wondering who were inside..



I even took a video...:)) Not very clear though (I am at 8th fl, remember???)I have to use zoom...


No comments:

Post a Comment